Each year, UT-Battelle employees generously give their time and talents to a variety of community organizations. The Matching Gifts Program is designed to further encourage employees to support local nonprofit organizations and schools with personal financial donations.
Who is eligible to participate?
The Matching Gifts聽Fund operates on the fiscal year and聽is open to current UT-Battelle employees with a minimum of three months of service and will provide a minimum match of $50 and a maximum match of $500 per employee. Retirees, subcontractors, and vendors are not eligible to participate.
Donations to local organizations in the categories below may be eligible for matching funds. Organizations must operate in the counties in which UT-Battelle employees work and/or live. The organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Matching contributions will not exceed $1000 per organization per fiscal year. Matching gift applications must be processed within one year of the date of the gift. After one year, the gift will no longer be eligible for matching. Matches will be batched and processed for payment quarterly, as follows: received by 3/31 (processed by 4/30); received by 6/30 (processed by 7/31); received by 9/30 (processed by 10/31); received by 12/31 (processed by 1/31).
- Arts and Cultural
- Community and Environmental
- Health and Human Services
- Public & Private聽Schools (Grades Pre K-12)
We limit Matching Gifts to the eligible categories listed. We do not match gifts to these types of organizations:
- United Way and other combined appeals
- Religious or political organizations as well as gifts to seminaries, theological institutions, and Bible colleges聽聽聽
- Organizations whose policies are inconsistent with national equal employment opportunity policies or discriminate against a person or a group on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender, political affiliation, or age
- Fraternities, sororities, honor societies and campus organizations
- Colleges and universities
- Intermediary funding groups that raise money to distribute to other groups
- Private foundations and/or individuals
- In-kind gifts
- Organizations whose purpose or policies are inconsistent with UT-Battelle's corporate giving philosophy and guidelines
To request a matching gift, employees should complete聽Section A of聽the form below聽and mail it, along with their gift, to the eligible organization.
For walks, runs and bike-a-thons, only the employee's own donation will be matched. A copy of the employee pledge sheet must be attached to this form and returned by the beneficiary organization with the verification of the employee's contribution.
An authorized official of the nonprofit organization should complete Section B and return the form to the Matching Gifts Coordinator. After receiving the completed form, the program coordinator will verify the eligibility of the organization and the gift. The appropriate matching contribution will be mailed to the organization at the end of the quarterly application period.
The company reserves the right to amend, revise, suspend or terminate this program at any time.
Questions should be directed to the Matching Gifts Program Coordinator at 865-241-9309 or聽community@iphoneahf.com.